As many of you may know, Adem has a passion for conservation and undertook conservation work in Mauritius in his early 20s. Tusk is a fantastic organisation who help to advance conservation across Africa. You can read more about them here.
This year, Tusk has created a mini Wildlife Ranger Canine Challenge, thanks to expert guidance from US-based partner Working Dogs for Conservation. The aim is to raise awareness and provide vital funds for dogs working with Wildlife Rangers in order to protect many species from Rhinos to Elephants. These dogs are integral to the protection of these species and the safety of the rangers, helping to track poachers, locate snares, and find wounded wildlife – to name just a few of their roles.
We know that each and everyone of you loves and adores your dog, valuing all that they give us as a species. They play so many special roles in our lives. So we would like to ask you to consider taking part in the Mini K9 Challenge or sponsoring another member of the Dog-ease Team for their efforts!
The event will take place at Dog-ease on Saturday 16th September from 3:30pm onwards.
If you are participating with your dog, we ask that you complete the following challenge. We will have the course set up ready and each participant will be given an individual time slot to take part.
Points to note about the challenge:
- The challenge will be timed.
- The ‘paws up’ action at the start is optional and the timer will be started after.
- Participants can choose to use the weave poles rather than ask their dog to weave through their legs.
- Staff will be on hand at all times to assist with the completion of the challenge.
- The challenge will take place in a designated, safe area of our premises, away from other people and dogs.
- Prizes will be given to the fastest participants with a maximum time of 10 minutes being allowed to complete the challenge before the clock is stopped.
Finally, we ask that those taking part in the challenge register their interest and create a sponsorship page via the charity’s official channels. Please email [email protected] to organise your attendance and for further details relating to sponsorship.